- For the meatballs:
- 2 slices white bread, cut into ½” pieces
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup yellow onion, finely chopped (about ¼ onion)
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For the gravy:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- lingonberry jam (for serving)
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
stand mixer or hand mixer
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Prep bread and cook onions
- In small bowl, stir together pieces of bread with milk. Set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cooking oil across Zone 2 of Brava metal tray.
- Evenly spread onions across Zone 2 of metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
Mix meatballs and shape
- When onions are done cooking, carefully remove metal tray.
- Cool onions for 2 minutes.
- Once onions are done cooling, in stand mixer bowl (or large bowl) combine soaked bread mixture (including any remaining milk), cooked onions, ground beef, ground pork, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper, allspice and nutmeg.
- Using paddle attachment of stand mixer or hand mixer, beat meat mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spray Brava metal tray with cooking spray.
- Using your hands, roll meat mixture into golf ball sized meatballs. Place meatballs in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray. (Note: You should have about 28 meatballs).
- Slide metal tray into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- While meatballs are cooking, make gravy.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Heat butter for 2 minutes.
- Whisk flour into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Pour beef broth into saucepan. Whisk together.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream into saucepan and season with a couple pinches of kosher salt and black pepper. Keep warm until meatballs are ready.
Finish & serve
- When meatballs are done, carefully remove from Brava.
- Place meatballs in large serving bowl and top with gravy.
- Serve meatballs with lingonberry jam, if desired.