- For the brownies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- For the chocolate ganache:
- ½ cup melted semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- For the peppermint topping:
- ⅓ cup striped peppermint candies, crushed
From Your Pantry
cooking spray or butter
Brava square pan
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Prep flour & egg mixtures
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar mixture; whisk until combined.
- Add peppermint extract; whisk well.
Finish brownie batter
- Gently fold flour mixture into egg mixture until no large lumps remain.
- Lightly butter or spray Brava square pan; pour batter into pan.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide square pan into top shelf. Press green button to begin baking.
Finish baking brownies
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove square pan and place on cooling rack.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While brownies are cooling, make chocolate ganache.
Make ganache and frost brownies
- In medium bowl, combine melted semi sweet chocolate and melted butter.
- Whisk in heavy cream.
- Pour chocolate ganache on top of brownies in square pan. Using spatula, spread frosting in even layer across tops of brownies.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies evenly over brownies.
- Cover square pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Finish and serve
- When ready, run knife around perimeter of square pan and remove brownies.
- Cut brownies into 16 squares and serve.