- For the buns:
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons rapid rise instant yeast (¼ oz packet)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup whole milk, warmed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- For the filling:
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
From Your Pantry
Brava Chef's Pan
large mixing bowl
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Prepare maple syrup topping
- In the Brava Chef’s Pan, add maple syrup, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, vanilla extract and a pinch of kosher salt. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly on top of mixture. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl (or in stand mixer with dough hook attachment) gently mix flour, granulated sugar, instant yeast, and salt. Add milk, remaining 3 tablespoons of melted butter, and egg, and fold ingredients until the mixture comes together. The dough should easily form a ball and be slightly sticky, but won’t stick to clean, dry hands.
Knead the dough & prepare the filling
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth - about 5 minutes if kneading by hand. If using stand mixer, knead dough on low speed until smooth.
- Transfer dough to lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap or dish towel, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, make filling.
- In small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until evenly incorporated and set aside.
Roll dough & shape cinnamon rolls
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into a large rectangle, about 14” x 12”.
- Evenly spread the cinnamon sugar filling mixture all over dough, leaving ½” perimeter around edges.
- Starting on one of the longer sides, tightly roll up the dough into a log shape.
- Slice into even sized rolls, about 9-12 rolls depending on how thin you rolled out the dough. Arrange rolls on top of pecan mixture in Chef’s Pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place Chef’s Pan in warm area and let rise for about 1½ to 2 hours, or until it doubles in size. *If you prepare the dough at night and plan to bake the sticky buns the next morning, place Chef’s Pan covered with plastic wrap in refrigerator overnight for 8-12 hours. In the morning, remove Chef’s Pan from refrigerator and leave in a warm area in your kitchen and let rise for about 1½ to 2 hours, or until the rolls double in size.
- When dough has doubled in size, remove plastic wrap.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
Finish & serve
- When sticky buns are done, carefully remove Chef’s Pan from Brava. Run butter knife around perimeter of Chef’s Pan. Let cool for five minutes.
- Place large board on top of Chef’s Pan and carefully flip Chef’s Pan over to release buns (use oven mitts or towel here as Chef’s Pan is very hot). Or use spatula to individually remove and flip buns over.
- Serve buns while they are warm.