- For gyros:
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb boneless ribeye steak
- 3 pitas, toasted
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- For tzatziki:
- ¼ cup cucumber, grated
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
gallon plastic bag
kitchen mallet or wooden spoon
Allergens: Milk, Wheat (Gluten)
- In a blender, add quartered yellow onion, 2 garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Place fine mesh stainer over medium bowl. Pour onion mixture into strainer.
- Using spatula, push as much liquid as possible into bowl. Discard remaining solid contents.
- In the onion juice, add oregano, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Stir together. Set aside.
- Slice ribeye diagonally as thinly as possible.
- Place ribeye slices in gallon plastic bag.
- Using kitchen mallet or back of wooden spoon, pound ribeye slices.
- Pour onion juice mixture into plastic bag. Coat ribeye evenly.
- Place ribeye in refrigerator and marinate for 1-4 hours.
- While ribeye is marinating, make tzatziki.
- Place grated cucumber in center of clean kitchen towel (or double-lined paper towel). Using both hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Discard liquid.
- Place drained cucumber in medium bowl. Add yogurt, 2½ teaspoons olive oil, dill, garlic, lemon juice, a couple pinches of kosher salt and a couple pinches of black pepper. Stir together.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready, shake off excess marinade from ribeye slices then place them evenly across Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- When your food is done, carefully remove metal tray.
- Place ⅓ of gyros on one pita. Top with dollop of tzatziki, a couple slices of tomato and a couple slices of red onion. Repeat using remaining pita.
- Serve immediately.