- ¼ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 5 cloves garlic, divided
- 2 1” pieces fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika, divided
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoons plus ½ teaspoon garam masala, divided
- 1 tomato, quartered
- ½ red onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro, to garnish (optional)
From Your Pantry
vegetable oil or ghee
Brava Chef's Pan
Brava metal tray
blender or food processor
- Grate 1” piece of ginger and 3 cloves of garlic. Place in medium bowl.
- Add yogurt, 1 teaspoon of paprika, turmeric, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and ½ teaspoon of garam masala. Stir together.
- Add chicken thighs and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While chicken marinates, prepare sauce.
- In a blender, add tomato, red onion, remaining 1” piece of ginger, remaining 2 garlic cloves, remaining 1 tablespoon of garam masala, remaining 2 teaspoons of paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper (if using) and cloves.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or ghee evenly across bottom of Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Pour tomato onion mixture into Brava Chef’s Pan. Spread evenly across bottom of Chef’s Pan.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will remove Chef’s Pan after 18 minutes.
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade; shake off excess marinade.
- Spread chicken evenly across Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- Note: You will remove chicken after 12 minutes.
- When Brava notifies you, very carefully remove metal tray.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken pieces to Chef’s Pan. Stir together.
- Add tomato sauce, heavy cream and a couple pinches of kosher salt; stir well.
- Slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, add butter and lemon juice. Stir until butter is melted.
- Transfer chicken tikka masala to serving bowl, garnish with cilantro (if using) and serve.