- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil plus 1 tablespoon for serving
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Milk, Eggs
- Remove green tops from eggplants. Slice each eggplant in half lengthwise.
- In large bowl, toss eggplant with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Place eggplant halves, flat side down, in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray. (You may have to position 3 horizontally and one vertically).
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will remove eggplant after 25 minutes.
Scoop and mash eggplant
- When cook is completed, carefully remove metal tray. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Using spoon, carefully scoop inside flesh from eggplant halves while keeping outer skin intact. (ProTip: Leave thin layer of flesh inside of each eggplant to ensure it doesn't tear.)
- Place flesh in medium bowl. Set eggplant skins aside.
- Using potato masher, mash eggplant flesh.
- In the mashed eggplant bowl, add 1/2 cup grated parmesan, panko, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, 3 tablespoons fresh basil, tomato paste, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, garlic powder, dried oregano and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Stir together.
- Add egg and combine.
- Carefully stuff eggplant skins with stuffing mixture.
- Spread 2 cups marinara sauce on bottom of Chef's Pan.
- Carefully place stuffed eggplants, cut side up, on top of marinara sauce in Chef's Pan. (ProTip: Use a silicone spatula on one side of eggplant and lift other side with hand.)
- Sprinkle top of eggplants with remaining ½ cup of parmesan and mozzarella.
- Press green button to begin preheating Brava.
- Cover Chef’s Pan with lid.
- When Brava is preheated, slide Chef’s Pan, covered, into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- Note: You will remove lid after 25 minutes.
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef's Pan.
- Remove lid from Chef's Pan.
- Slide Chef's Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
Garnish & serve
- When done, carefully remove Chef’s Pan.
- Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped basil.
- Serve immediately.