- 1¼ cups red bell pepper, ¼” slices
- 1¼ cups yellow onion, ¼” slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Italian sausages
- 1½ cups marinara sauce (about ½ of a 24 oz. jar)
- ½ lb pasta, cooked (½ of a 1 lb box dried pasta)
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese plus 1 tablespoon to garnish
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Milk, Wheat (Gluten)
Prep sausage, peppers and onions
- Place fresh sausages lengthwise in Zone 1 of Brava metal tray.
- In medium bowl, toss together onions, bell peppers, olive oil and a couple pinches of kosher salt.
- Evenly spread onions and peppers in Zones 2 and 3 of metal tray.
Cook sausage, peppers and onions
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
Slice sausage and prep sauce
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove metal tray.
- In large saucepan, heat marinara sauce over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, transfer sausage to cutting board and slice into ½” rounds (note: set aside pan drippings from metal tray).
- When marinara sauce starts to simmer, add sliced sausage, onions, peppers and pan drippings. Stir together.
- Bring to simmer then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cooked pasta and 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Stir together.
Plate and serve
- Plate on serving platter and garnish with remaining tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.