Chipotle Burrito Bowl
by Brava Chef Erin
~1 hr 5 min - 1 hr 25 min
About this Recipe
This restaurant classic is now easier and healthier to make with Brava! This bowl has a base of rice that is topped with slices of chipotle chicken, cumin-spiced black beans, salsa, avocado and a delicious chipotle sauce. This recipe makes four bowls, which is great for a family meal or as meal prep for a week’s worth of lunches. Chef Erin recommends making cilantro lime rice beforehand for this recipe, the Custom Cook is available here: (FFK-CXY-ULM). There are endless opportunities to make this bowl your own. For instance, if you have sour cream or shredded cheese on hand, go ahead and add it in if you would like. Feel free to get creative!
1 cup mayonnaise
2 chipotle in adobo peppers
3 tablespoons lime juice plus extra wedges for garnish
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro plus extra for garnish
1 garlic clove
4 chicken breasts
1 (15 oz) can black beans, warmed
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
4 cups precooked rice, warmed
1 cup salsa
2 avocados, sliced
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Make chipotle sauce
- In a blender, add mayonnaise, chipotles, lime juice, cilantro and garlic.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, pour in half of chipotle sauce (reserve remaining sauce for later use).
- Add chicken breasts and coat with marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- When ready, remove chicken from bowl and shake off excess marinade.
- Place chicken lengthwise, equally spaced apart, in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray with thickest portion on left side.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through center of chicken.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare beans.
- In medium bowl, stir together warmed black beans, cumin, garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and a couple of pinches of kosher salt; set aside.
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove metal tray and disconnect TempSensor.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and slice.
- Place an equal amount of rice into four serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with one sliced chicken breast.
- Top each bowl with an equal amount of black beans, salsa and sliced avocado.
- Drizzle remaining chipotle sauce on top.
- Garnish with lime wedge and cilantro and serve.