- For the gingerbread:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2¼ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅓ cup dark molasses (not blackstrap)
- ½ cup water
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 14 tablespoons butter (1¾ sticks), melted and cooled
- For the frosting and garnish:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, thinly sliced (optional)
From Your Pantry
Brava loaf pan
stand mixer (optional)
wire cooling rack
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, kosher salt, nutmeg and cloves; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together molasses, ½ cup of water and baking soda.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip brown sugar and eggs together on high speed until mixture is light in color, about 3 minutes. Stop mixer and scrape down bowl with spatula.
- On low speed, using paddle attachment slowly add melted butter until combined.
- Add ⅓ of flour mixture until combined, then ⅓ of liquid mixture. Repeat until flour and liquid mixtures are fully incorporated.
Pour batter into pan
- Lightly butter or spray Brava loaf pan.
- Add batter to loaf pan.
- Press green button to begin preheating Brava.
- When Brava is preheated, slide loaf pan into top shelf. Press green button to begin baking.
- When your food is done, transfer loaf pan to wire rack and let cool completely before serving.
Make cream cheese frosting
- While cake is cooling, make frosting.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip together butter and cream cheese on medium speed for two minutes. Stop mixer and scrape down bowl and whisk with spatula.
- On low speed, slowly add powdered sugar, vanilla and a pinch of kosher salt until combined.
- Turn speed to high and whip for 3 minutes.
Finish and serve
- Carefully remove gingerbread from loaf pan.
- Frost gingerbread loaf with cream cheese frosting.
- Garnish with dried cranberries and slices of candied ginger and serve.