- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup plus ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 stick (½ cup) cold unsalted cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
From Your Pantry
Brava square pan
wire cooling rack
electric mixer or whisk
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, ¼ cup granulated sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Using your hands, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Lightly butter or spray Brava square pan, line with parchment paper and press mixture evenly into bottom of pan.
- Select “Pumpkin Pie Bars” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- Once Brava is preheated, slide square pan into top shelf and press green button to begin baking.
- Note: You will remove crust after 20 minutes.
Cool crust and prep filling
- When crust has finished baking, carefully remove square pan.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, prep filling.
- In large bowl, stir together remaining ½ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup heavy cream, milk and eggs. Pour into sugar mixture.
- Add pumpkin puree. Stir until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into square pan.
- When ready, press green button to begin preheating.
- Once Brava is preheated, slide square pan into top shelf and press green button to continue baking.
Cool bars and make maple whipped cream
- When your food is done, transfer square pan to wire rack and cool for at least two hours.
- While bars are cooling, make maple whipped cream.
- In standing mixer with whisk attachment (or in large bowl with whisk), whisk together remaining 1 cup heavy cream, maple syrup and vanilla until soft peaks form; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Slice and serve
- Transfer bars onto cutting board.
- Cut into squares and serve with a dollop of maple whipped cream.