By Brava Chef Erin
~1 hr 22 min
About this Recipe
This meatloaf recipe was inspired by Brava Chef Erin’s family meatloaf recipe. This recipe was given to her by her grandma, and was originally passed down from her great-grandmother. The recipe originally used leftover mashed potatoes (which you can still use instead!) but Erin updated it to use instant mashed potatoes. The potatoes keep the meatloaf very moist and give it a slightly creamy texture. It’s also naturally gluten-free! Because potatoes are used instead of breadcrumbs, when forming the meatloaf, you will need to use some force to pat the meatloaf into the proper shape to get rid of the air pockets and ensure it stays together properly. If you don’t have instant mashed potatoes on hand, feel free to use breadcrumbs instead, but note that you will need to shape the meatloaf more gently if doing so.
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ lb ground beef
½ lb ground pork
⅔ cup instant potatoes (or breadcrumbs)
3 tablespoons ketchup, plus 1 tablespoon for glaze
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon ground mustard
3-4 slices bacon, halved
From Your Pantry
Brava loaf pan
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Fish, Eggs
Allergens: Fish, Eggs
- In a small bowl, toss together onions, celery, garlic and 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
- Evenly spread onions and celery in Zones 1 and 2 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Grandma's Meatloaf” on Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
Mix meatloaf and shape
- When vegetables are done cooking, carefully remove metal tray.
- Cool vegetables for 5 minutes.
- While vegetables cool, in large bowl add ground beef, ground pork, Instant potatoes, eggs, 3 tablespoons ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, black pepper and ground mustard.
- Add cooled vegetables to meatloaf mixture. Using your hands, mix well so all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Using your hands, form mixture into a loaf on your cutting board. Pat meatloaf with force to bind meat and remove air from mixture.
- Press meatloaf into Brava loaf pan.
- Evenly spread remaining ketchup over top of meatloaf.
- Top with bacon slices.
- Slide loaf pan into top shelf.
- Press green button to continue cooking.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, transfer meatloaf to a platter. Cool meatloaf for a few minutes before slicing into individual portions.