- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ½ lb flank steak, cut into 4” long, ¼” wide strips
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 scallion, cut into 1” pieces
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
From Your Pantry
Brava glass tray
Allergens: Soy, Wheat (Gluten), Shellfish
Prep and cook beef and broccoli
- Pat beef strips dry with paper towel.
- Season both sides of beef with a couple pinches of salt.
- Place beef strips in Zone 1 of Brava glass tray.
- Place broccoli in Zones 2 and 3 of glass tray.
- Select “Chinese Beef and Broccoli” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While beef and broccoli are cooking, prepare sauce.
- Note: You will cook scallion after 13 min and 45 seconds.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water. Stir to dissolve.
- In a small saucepan, add ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon of water, oyster sauce, vegetable oil, sugar, sherry, soy sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, white pepper and a couple pinches of kosher salt; stir well.
- Bring mixture to boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, add cornstarch mixture. Whisk for 30 seconds over high heat.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove glass tray.
- Remove beef and broccoli from glass tray and place in serving bowl.
- Discard juices from glass tray and wipe with paper towel.
- Place scallion pieces in Zone 2 of glass tray.
- Slide glass tray into top shelf and press green button to continue cook.
Finish and serve
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove glass tray.
- In serving bowl, combine beef, broccoli, scallions and sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds (if desired).
- Serve immediately.