About this Custom Cook
In my option this is the ultimate Brava burger - a thick beef patty topped with some of my favorite Brava ingredients, crispy bacon and a fried egg. Served on a freshly toasted sesame bun. The Brava gets such a great sear on the outside of the burger while keeping the inside super juicy. Since this custom cook has several pause steps, I would highly recommend preparing the ingredients beforehand to make the recipe go as seamlessly as possible.
Makes 2 burgers
2 slices bacon
12 oz ground beef, shaped into two patties
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon pickle juice
2 burger buns
2 tomato slices
4 lettuce pieces
1. Place bacon slices in zone 2 of metal tray.
2. Slide metal tray into bottom oven shelf. Press green button to begin cook.
3. While bacon is cooking, season burger patties. Sprinkle each side of both patties with a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. PAUSE 1: Carefully remove metal tray. Remove bacon and set aside. Discard bacon fat (or save for another purpose). Wipe bottom of metal tray with paper towel. Place burger patties in zone 2 of metal tray. Slide metal tray back into bottom oven shelf and press green button to continue cook. Note that you will need to flip the burgers when the Brava prompts you.
5. While burgers cook, make burger sauce and cut bacon.
6. Cut each slice of bacon in half.
7. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickle juice and a couple pinches of black pepper. Set aside.
8. PAUSE 2: Flip burgers as prompted. Once flipped, slide metal tray back into bottom shelf and press green button to finish cooking burgers.
9. While burgers finish cooking, prepare eggs. Spray back two wells of egg tray with cooking spray. Crack eggs into each well. Season each with a pinch of salt.
10. PAUSE 3: Carefully remove metal tray. Remove burgers and set aside. Place each half of burger buns flat side down in zones 1 and 2 of metal tray. Slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Slide egg tray into top shelf. Press green button to continue cook.
11. When cook is completed, carefully remove metal tray and egg tray.
12. Assemble burger: Smear bottom burger bun with burger sauce. Top with 2 lettuce pieces, tomato slice, burger patty, pickles, 2 bacon slices, fried egg and top burger bun.
13. Repeat with second burger.
14. Serve immediately.