Almond Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
Brava Chef Erin
These biscotti are loaded with chunks of chocolate and chopped almonds. Biscotti are baked twice: first as a whole log, then they are sliced and cooked a second time to give them their signature light and crispy texture. These are great with coffee or tea and should keep in an air-tight container for several weeks.
Makes 16 biscotti
1 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped roughly or 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
1. Line Brava metal tray with parchment paper.
2. Over bowl, sift flour, baking powder and kosher salt together.
3. In bowl of standing mixer with paddle attachment, add butter and 1/3 cup of sugar. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until butter is light in color.
4. Change speed to low, add egg and vanilla. Mix for 2 minutes or until eggs are evenly incorporated. (This may require stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula once or twice.)
5. Slowly add flour mixture while mixing on low. Once combined, stop.
6. Remove bowl from machine. Fold in chocolate and almonds with spatula until evenly incorporated.
7. Select "Almond Chocolate Chunk Biscotti" custom cook. Press green button to begin first preheat step.
8. Shape biscotti dough into a log shape diagonally on metal tray. This should be 12" x 4" x 1". Make sure the top is flat and the dough is evenly distributed.
9. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over top of log.
10. Slide metal tray into top oven shelf and press green button to begin bake.
11. Once the bake is complete, carefully remove metal tray.
12. Let cool on metal tray for 5 minutes.
13. Press green button to begin preheating Brava.
14. Carefully transfer log to cutting board. With serrated knife or sharp chef's knife, slice into 3/4" thick pieces at a diagonal angle.
15. Carefully place each piece back on to metal tray (the side with exposed chocolate and almonds should be facing up).
16. Slide metal tray into top shelf and press green button to continue baking.
17. Once the bake is complete, carefully transfer biscotti to wire rack and cool.