About this Custom Cook
These lemon poppy seed muffins are a delicious, lemony treat. These muffins aren't too sweet, making them perfect for breakfast. Greek yogurt is used to lighten up the muffins a bit and give them a bit of tang. I love eating these warm (either fresh out of the Brava or using Brava's reheat function) with some butter smeared on them .
Makes 1 dozen muffins
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons poppy seeds
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line Brava muffin pan with muffin liners or grease with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Combine.
3. In large bowl, whisk together sugar, melted butter, milk, yogurt, eggs, poppy seeds, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
4. Press green button to begin preheating Brava.
5. With spatula, slowly fold dry mixture into wet mixture until fully incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
6. Distribute half of mixture evenly amongst muffin tins.
7. When Brava is done preheating, slide muffin pan into top oven shelf and press green button to begin bake.
8. When bake has completed, carefully remove muffin tray and press green button to begin preheating Brava.
9. Carefully place muffins on wire cooling rack. If you did not use muffin liners, wait 5 minutes for muffins to cool in pan before removing.
10. Line muffin pan again (or grease pan again). Pour remaining batter into muffin tins.
11. Slide muffin pan into top oven shelf and press green button to continue baking.
12. When bake is complete, carefully place muffins on wire cooling rack. (Again, if you did not use muffin liners, wait 5 minutes for muffins to cool in pan before removing).
13. Let cool for 30 minutes. Serve.