About this Custom Cook
This custom cook is based on the classic takeout dish, sesame noodles. Tofu and broccoli are added to turn this dish into a delicious meal. Both tahini and sesame oil are added to give the dish a savory sesame flavor. If you don't have tahini or sesame paste on hand, feel free to use peanut butter instead (this will turn it into peanut butter noodles!). This dish would be delicious served warm or cold.
1 package firm or extra-firm tofu (14–16 oz)
1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
4 cups broccoli florets (2-inch pieces)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
10 oz thin noodles
1/4 cup tahini or sesame paste
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
1. Boil water for noodles.
2. Pat tofu dry with paper towels.
3. Cut tofu in half crosswise.
4. In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of soy sauce with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
5. Soak tofu in soy sauce mixture for 4 minutes, flipping after 2 minutes.
6. In medium bowl, toss together broccoli, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and a pinch of salt.
7. Evenly spread broccoli in Zones 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
8. Remove tofu from bowl; pat dry with paper towels.
9. Place tofu in Zone 1 of metal tray.
10. Slide metal tray into top shelf.
11. Select “Sesame Noodles with Tofu and Broccoli” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
12. While tofu is cooking, begin boiling noodles.
13. While noodles cook, make sauce.
14. In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, tahini, garlic, rice wine vinegar, honey and a couple pinches of salt.
15. Once combined, add 2 tablespoons of water to sauce and stir together.
16. When noodles are done, drain and set aside.
17. When tofu and broccoli have completed cooking, carefully remove metal tray.
18. On cutting board, cut tofu into 1" pieces.
19. In serving bowl, toss together noodles, tofu, broccoli, green onions and sauce.
20. Garnish with sesame seeds (if desired). Serve.