About this Custom Cook
This carrot ginger soup is super smooth and full of carrot flavor with a hint of ginger. This custom cook first cooks the onions, garlic and ginger in the Brava, then roasts the carrots and finally blends all of the ingredients together in a blender to make the soup. If you would like to make this soup vegetarian, you can use vegetable stock or water instead of chicken stock.
Makes 5-6 Servings
1 yellow onion, chopped into 1/2" pieces
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
About 13 carrots (enough to fill up 2 Brava trays when cut into 1/2" rounds), cut into 1/2" rounds
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons kosher salt
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1. In medium bowl, combine onion, garlic and ginger with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Combine.
2. Spread onion mixture into zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray. 3. Slide tray into top oven shelf. Press green button to begin cook.
4. When cook is completed, place onions, garlic and ginger into blender. Wipe out bottom of metal tray with paper towel.
5. In large bowl, combine carrots with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
6. Place carrots in zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray and zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava glass tray. Make sure all rounds are lying flat in one even layer on both trays.
7. Slide glass tray into bottom oven shelf. Slide metal tray into top oven shelf. Press green button to begin cook.
8. While carrots cook, in saucepan, combine chicken stock and milk. Bring to a simmer.
9. When carrots have finished cooking, add half of carrots and half of stock liquid to blender. Blend until smooth.
10. If you have a large blender, proceed as stated below. If you have a small blender, pour blended carrots into separate large bowl and set aside.
11. Add remaining carrots, stock liquid, butter and salt. Blend until smooth.
12. If needed, combine with first blended batch of carrots.
13. Pour into serving bowls. Serve immediately.