About this Custom Cook
This template is the easiest way to make your own version of Braised Chicken Thighs and Potatoes in the Brava Chef’s Pan using whatever ingredients you have on hand.
1. Save a custom cook to your Brava account by clicking on the “+” icon underneath the title on the Brava website or app.
2. On the Brava, create a copy of this custom cook (click on the ellipses on the upper right hand corner then select "copy").
3. Change the name of the custom cook to your recipe's name .
4. If desired, click to edit any of the recipe steps.
5. Log in to your Brava Chef profile on the Brava website or app.
6. Navigate to your custom cooks and open your custom cook.
7. Click on the edit button.
8. If desired, edit the ingredients and instructions below the dashed line as you see fit.
9. Once completed, delete the instructions above the dashed line below.
There are an infinite number of ways to switch up the spices, liquids and aromatics in this dish! Feeling like Curried Chicken and Potatoes? No problem. Or how about a Mexican-inspired version? Super simple. Here are some ideas for what you could add to the chicken and potatoes in this dish:
Italian: chicken stock, canned tomatoes, garlic, dried oregano and fresh basil
French: chicken stock and white wine, garlic, fresh parsley and lemon juice
Greek: chicken stock, garlic, dried oregano, olives and lemon juice
Mexican: chicken stock, garlic, cumin, chile powder, canned roasted tomatoes and cilantro
Indian: chicken stock, tomato paste, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, heavy cream and lime
You could also use any hearty vegetable here (ex. carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes) instead of potatoes in this recipe, just make sure to cut them into ½” pieces. Or if you prefer to use tender green vegetables like zucchini, spinach or green peas just add them during the last 15 minutes. If there are any other ingredients that you would like to add that don’t need to be cooked (like olives or capers) feel free to stir those into the sauce after cooking.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Serving Size: 4
Cook Time: 1 hour 28 minutes
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1¼ lb total)
3 cups diced potatoes or other root vegetables (½-inch pieces)
1 cup liquid (stock, water, water and white wine, etc.)
2 tablespoons chopped aromatics (fresh garlic, fresh ginger, etc.)
1 teaspoon dried spices (paprika, dried oregano, dried thyme, etc.) (optional)
3 tablespoons fresh herbs (optional)
1 tablespoon butter (optional)
1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or vinegar (optional)
1. Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Season both sides with a few pinches of salt.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to Chef's Pan.
3. Place chicken, skin side down, in Brava Chef’s Pan and slide, uncovered, into top shelf.
4. Press green button to begin cooking.
Note: You will flip chicken thighs and add additional ingredients after 20 minutes.
5. Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan and flip chicken skin side up. Add potatoes, liquid, aromatics, spices (if using) and a couple pinches of salt. Make sure vegetables are not covering chicken.
6. Cover Chef’s Pan with lid and slide into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
7. When your food is done, transfer chicken to serving platter.
8. Add fresh herbs (if using) and butter to Chef’s Pan with vegetables and stir until butter is melted and fully incorporated. Taste and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice, if desired.
9. Spoon vegetables and sauce on top of chicken and serve.