Brava Chef Erin
These baked beans are the ultimate comfort food.
Using both freshly cooked bacon and the pan drippings from the bacon to cook the beans give this dish a great depth of flavor. These beans are both sweet and savory, and would make the perfect side dish for any BBQ! This recipe calls for canned Great Northern beans, but you could use canned Cannellini or Navy beans instead.
4 slices bacon
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
3 cans Great Northern beans
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Place slices of bacon in zones 1 and 2 of Brava metal tray.
2. Slide metal tray into bottom oven shelf. Press green button to begin cook.
3. When cook is completed, carefully remove metal tray.
4. Remove bacon from metal tray. Set aside.
5. Pour bacon grease from metal tray into bottom of Chef's Pan.
6. Add onions to Chef's Pan and spread in even layer across bottom of Chef's Pan.
7. Slide Chef's Pan, uncovered, into top oven shelf. Press green button to continue cook.
8. While onions cook, drain beans and cut bacon.
9. Drain 1 can of beans. Leave liquid in other 2 cans.
10. Cut cooked bacon into 1/2" pieces.
11. When onions have finished cooking, carefully remove Chef's Pan from Brava.
12. To Chef's Pan, add 1 can drained beans, 2 cans of beans with their liquid, brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt and black pepper. Combine.
13. Slide Chef's Pan, covered, into top oven shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
14. When cook has completed, carefully remove Chef's Pan. Stir beans. Note that the sauce will thicken as the beans cool.