Roasted Strawberry Lemonade
Brava Chef Erin
Roasting the strawberries in the Brava amplifies their strawberry flavor and increases their natural sweetness. This pairs perfectly with fresh-squeezed lemonade. I like keeping the strawberries chunky in this so I mash them with a potato masher after roasting, but feel free to put them in a blender if you would like a more homogenous lemonade. For a fun twist, add 3 cups of water and 3 cups of sparkling water to make sparkling strawberry lemonade.
1 pint strawberries, sliced in half
1 cup sugar
6 cups water
2 cups ice
1. Place strawberries in zones 1 and 2 of Brava glass tray.
2. Slide glass tray into top shelf and press green button to begin cook.
3. While strawberries are roasting, squeeze lemons into pitcher over fine-mesh strainer.
4. When the cook is complete, place roasted strawberries in bowl. Combine with sugar and mash with potato masher.
5. Add strawberry mixture to lemon juice. Add water and combine.
6. Adjust to taste (by adding more sugar or lemon if you would like it sweeter of more tart).
6. Add ice. Serve.