About this Custom Cook
This rice pudding is the a creamy treat loaded with tropical flavors. It's also gluten-free and vegan! This custom cook first toasts the coconut on the metal tray and then cooks the rice pudding in the Chef's Pan. I find it is easiest to use canned pineapple in this recipe since both the fruit and juice are used. I would also highly recommend using canned coconut milk, not refrigerated coconut milk.
1 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup white rice (uncooked)
1 cup pineapple chunks (canned pineapple chunks work well)
2 cups water
1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
1/4 cup pineapple juice (you can use the juice from the can)
2 tablespoons plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 pinch kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Spread coconut across zones 1 and 2 of Brava metal tray.
2. Slide metal tray into top oven shelf. Press green button to begin cook.
3. Once coconut is finished toasting, reserve 1/4 cup. Set aside. Place the rest of the coconut in Chef's Pan.
4. To Chef's Pan add rice, pineapple, water, coconut milk, pineapple juice, 2 tablespoons sugar and a pinch of salt. Combine.
5. Slide Chef's Pan, covered, into top oven shelf. Press the green button to continue cook.
6. When cook is completed, carefully remove Chef's Pan.
7. Immediately add remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla to Chef's Pan. Combine.
8. Garnish top with reserved 1/4 cup of toasted coconut.
9. Serve warm or refrigerate to serve cold.