About this Custom Cook
This fried rice is an umami bomb. Bacon and kimchi pair very well together, as the acidity and heat of the kimchi complements the fatty bacon very well. If you don't have any kimchi on hand, you could use a vinegar based hot sauce instead (the amount you add will depend entirely on how spicy you would like it to be).
I highly recommend using leftover rice for this dish instead of fresh rice as it is drier and will result in a better tasting fried rice. As this custom cook has several pause steps, I would also recommend chopping all of the ingredients beforehand as it will make the cook go much more smoothly.
4 slices bacon
2 1/2 cups leftover rice
1/2 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup kimchi, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon kimchi juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Place bacon in zones 1 and 2 of Brava metal tray.
2. Slide metal tray into bottom shelf and press green button to begin cook.
3. PAUSE 1: Carefully remove metal tray. Place bacon on cutting board and pour bacon grease into bottom of Brava square pan. Spread bacon grease evenly across bottom of square pan. Add rice to square pan. Break up any clumps in rice and distribute evenly across bottom of pan. Slide square pan into top oven shelf. Press green button to continue cook.
4. Roughly chop bacon. Set aside.
5. PAUSE 2: Carefully remove square pan and mix rice with spatula. Add onion and garlic. Combine. Slide square pan into top oven shelf and press green button to continue cook.
6. In small bowl, whisk eggs and a couple pinches of salt with fork.
7. PAUSE 3: Carefully remove square pan and mix rice with spatula. Push rice mixture to one side of pan (one side should have the bottom of the pan exposed). Pour egg mixture into empty side. Slide square pan into top oven shelf and press green button to continue cook.
8. PAUSE 4: Carefully remove square pan and immediately break up egg into bite size pieces with spatula. Add green onions, kimchi, soy sauce, kimchi juice, sesame oil and kosher salt. Combine. Slide square pan into top oven shelf and press green button to continue cook.
9. When cook is completed, carefully remove square pan. Mix with spatula. Serve immediately.