Brava Chef Erin
These lemon bars are the perfect sweet and tangy treat. The shortbread crust is baked first then topped with a lemon custard filling and baked again. You can make these using a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
Makes 16 lemon bars
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup lemon juice (about 5-6 lemons)
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 pinch kosher salt
2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar, for dusting
1. Grease Brava square pan with butter.
2. Make crust. Combine 12 tablespoons of butter and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in large bowl. Cream butter and sugar on medium speed until pale in color (about 3 minutes).
3. Add 1 1/2 cups of flour and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. Combine on low until flour is fully incorporated. The mixture should look crumbly.
4. Press mixture into even layer on bottom of square pan.
5. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. 5-8 minutes before taking the crust out of the refrigerator, select "Lemon Bars" custom cook and begin preheating Brava.
7. When ready, remove plastic wrap from square pan and slide square pan into top oven shelf. Press green button to begin baking.
8. When the bake is complete, carefully remove square pan. Let cool on wire rack.
9. Make filling. To large bowl, add 2 cups sugar, eggs, lemon juice, 2/3 cup flour, lemon zest and pinch of salt.
10. Press green button on Brava to begin preheat.
11. Whisk filling on medium speed (or by hand) until combined.
12. Pour filling over crust.
13. When Brava has finished preheating, slide square pan into top oven shelf. Press green button to continue baking.
14. When bake is complete, carefully remove metal tray. Place on wire rack to cool.
15. Once cooled, sift confectioner's sugar over top. Cut into 16 bars and serve.