Honey Sriracha Tofu and Snap Peas
Brava Chef Erin
This custom cook is an easy way to pack a lot of flavor into the tofu and snap peas combo cook. The sauce contains Sriracha hot sauce and honey to give the tofu a sweet and spicy flavor. This can be served on its own, or with white or brown rice. I added a bit of extra Sriracha on top, as I like this dish to be a bit spicier, but if you would like more mild heat, simply omit adding Sriracha to garnish.
1 package firm or extra-firm tofu (14–16 oz)
3 cups snap peas
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Sriracha
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
Sriracha, to garnish (optional)
1. Pat tofu dry with paper towels.
2. Cut tofu in half crosswise.
3. In medium bowl, toss together snap peas, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and a pinch of salt.
4. Evenly spread snap peas in Zones 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
5. Place tofu in Zone 1 of metal tray.
6. Slide metal tray into top shelf.
7. Select “Honey Sriracha Tofu and Snap Peas” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions. Press green button to begin cook.
8. While tofu and snap peas are cooking, make sauce.
9. In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter (or heat up vegetable oil).
10. Add Sriracha, honey, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and bring to a boil.
11. Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
12. When your food is done, carefully remove metal tray.
13. Cut tofu into desired shape.
14. Place tofu in bowl with sauce. Carefully toss tofu with sauce.
15. Plate tofu and snap peas. Garnish with sesame seeds and Sriracha (if you would like it spicier), if desired.