Turkish Eggs (Menemen)
Brava Chef Erin
Menemen is a classic Turkish breakfast dish. Scrambled eggs are flavored with tomatoes, green pepper and onion. It's a very simple dish but packs in a ton of flavor. This dish is great served with some crusty bread or pita for dipping.
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 large tomatoes, diced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup feta cheese (optional)
1. In square pan, combine onion, bell pepper and olive oil. Place butter on top of vegetables.
2. Slide square pan into top oven shelf. Press green button to begin cook.
3. While the onions and peppers cook, place tomatoes in large bowl. Mash with potato masher until the tomatoes have released a lot of their juices.
4. Add red pepper flakes and a couple pinches of salt and pepper to tomatoes. Combine.
5. When Brava notifies you, add tomato mixture to onions and peppers. Combine.
6. Slide square pan into top oven shelf. Press green button to continue cook.
7. In bowl, whisk eggs with fork. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Combine.
8. When Brava notifies you, add egg mixture to tomato and onion mixture. Combine.
9. Slide square pan into top oven shelf. Press green button to continue cook.
10. When cook is completed, carefully remove square pan. Mix with spatula immediately.
11. Garnish with feta cheese. Serve immediately.