Brava Chef Erin
These artichokes are flavored with dill, garlic and lemon and are braised in the Chef's Pan. They are delicious served warm or at room temperature.
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 green onions, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
1. Fill large bowl with cold water. Squeeze two lemons into bowl. Leave squeezed lemon halves in bowl.
2. Cut off the bottom inch of each artichoke stem. Peel artichoke stem.
3. Cut off the top 1- 2 inches of the artichoke. How much you cut off will depend on how large your artichoke is. You want to cut off the top sharp tips of the artichoke.
4. With hands, peel away outer artichoke leaves. Any leaves that are course and brittle should be removed.
5. Cut artichoke in half lengthwise.
6. With small sharp knife, cut an oval around the fibrous part of the inside of the artichoke. Scoop out fibers with spoon (you may have to alternate between using the knife, a spoon and pulling fibers out with your hands).
7. Slice bottoms of any purple colored leaves (these are the small sharp leaves right above the fibrous part of the inside of the artichoke). Remove with hands or spoon.
8. Once removed, place artichoke half in bowl filled with lemon water, making sure the inside of the artichoke is submerged in the water (this will prevent it from oxidizing).
9. Repeat with remaining artichoke halves.
10. To Chef's Pan, add garlic, green onions and olive oil. Combine.
11. Slide Chef's Pan, uncovered, into top oven shelf. Press green button to begin cook.
12. When Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef's Pan. Add kosher salt and combine.
13. Remove artichokes from water.
14. With spoon, place about 1/2 teaspoon of garlic mixture in center of each artichoke.
15. Place artichokes in Chef's Pan. Rotate inside Chef's pan with tongs to coat artichokes with oil.
16. Pour 1/2 cup of water over artichokes. Cover with lid.
17. Slide Chef's Pan, covered, into top oven shelf. Press green button to continue cook.
18. While artichokes cook, squeeze 1 lemon. Reserve juice.
19. When Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef's Pan.
20. Add dill and juice of 1 lemon. Carefully combine with tongs.
21. Slide Chef's Pan, covered, into top oven shelf. Press green button to continue cook.
22. When cook is completed, serve or reserve for later.