About this Custom Cook
Fried rice is a great way to use up any leftover rice you have on hand. This custom cook makes great use of Brava's searing power to get the rice nice and chewy, replicating the texture you would get from a wok. I highly recommend using leftover rice for this dish instead of fresh rice as it is drier and will result in a better tasting fried rice. As this custom cook has several pause steps, I would also recommend chopping all of the ingredients beforehand as it will make the cook go much more smoothly.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 1/2 cups leftover rice
1 small carrot, chopped into small pieces
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Spread 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil evenly across bottom of square pan.
2. Add rice to square pan. Break up any clumps in rice and distribute evenly across bottom of pan.
3. Slide square pan into top oven shelf. Press green button to begin cook.
4. PAUSE 1: Carefully remove square pan and mix rice with spatula. Add carrot, onion, garlic and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Combine. Slide square pan into top oven shelf and press green button to continue cook.
5. In small bowl, whisk eggs and a couple pinches of salt with fork.
6. PAUSE 2: Carefully remove square pan and mix rice with spatula. Push rice mixture to one side of pan (one side should have the bottom of the pan exposed). Pour egg mixture into empty side. Slide square pan into top oven shelf and press green button to continue cook.
7. PAUSE 3: Carefully remove square pan and immediately break up egg into bite size pieces with spatula. Add green onions, peas, soy sauce, sesame oil and kosher salt. Combine. Slide square pan into top oven shelf and press green button to continue cook.
8. When cook is completed, carefully remove square pan. Mix with spatula. Serve immediately.