About this Custom Cook
This custom cook is an easy way to add a ton of flavor to the chicken thigh and sweet potato combo cook. The sweet and savory flavor combination of the maple black pepper sauce with chicken reminds me of chicken and waffles. And what could be better than chicken and waffles for dinner? This sauce would also be delicious served with chicken drumsticks or chicken wings.
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
2 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
3 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes (½-inch pieces)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place peppercorns in resealable plastic bag and crush by rolling a rolling pin over the sealed bag. Set crushed peppercorns aside.
2. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
3. Season both sides with salt.
4. Place chicken, skin side down, in Zone 1 of Brava metal tray.
5. In medium bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
6. Evenly spread sweet potatoes in Zones 2 and 3 of metal tray.
7. Slide metal tray into bottom shelf.
8. Select “Chicken Thighs and Sweet Potatoes with Maple Black Pepper Sauce” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
9. Press green button to begin cook.
10. While chicken and sweet potatoes cook, make sauce.
11. To small saucepan over medium high heat, add chicken stock, maple syrup, butter, apple cider vinegar, crushed black peppercorns and salt.
12. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
13. When chicken and sweet potatoes are done cooking, carefully remove metal tray.
14. Plate chicken and sweet potatoes. Pour some sauce over top of chicken.
15. Serve with extra sauce on the side.