About this Custom Cook
This custom cook is a super easy twist on the NY Steak and Green Beans combo cook that really amplifies its flavor. The combination of butter, soy sauce and ginger gives the steak an aromatic umami flavor. I served this dish with creamy polenta, but feel free to serve it on its own, with potatoes, or however you would like!
1 New York strip steak (1¼–2 inches thick)
½ lb green beans, stem ends trimmed (about 30 beans)
1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1. Pat steak dry with paper towels.
2. Season both sides with salt.
3. Place steak in Zone 1 of Brava metal tray with thickest portion on left side.
4. In medium bowl, toss together green beans, 1 teaspoon cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
5. Evenly spread green beans in Zones 2 and 3 of metal tray.
6. Slide metal tray into top shelf.
7. Select “Steak with Ginger Butter Sauce and Green Beans” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
8. While steak is cooking, make sauce.
9. In small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and saute ginger for 1 minute until fragrant. Add soy sauce sauce and simmer 1 minute.
10. Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Whisk to combine.
11. When your food is done, slice steak within 1 minute to maintain preferred doneness.
12. Plate steak and green beans. Pour sauce over sliced steak and serve.