- 1 3½ - 4½ lb whole chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- 1 small lemon, quartered
- Few sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
From Your Pantry
freshly cracked black pepper
Brava metal tray
Brava TempSensor (optional)
Prep the chicken
- Pat chicken dry. Stuff chicken cavity with onion, lemon, garlic, and herbs, if using. Rub outside of chicken with olive oil, and season with kosher salt, being sure to season the inside of the cavity, too.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on the Brava Metal Tray, with the breast side pointing towards the left, and the legs pointing toward right side of tray.
- Select “Classic Roasted Chicken” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in the TempSensor, insert it horizontally through thickest part of chicken breast toward breastbone. It’s okay if the TempSensor tip touches breastbone.
- Note: If using the Time-Based Cook option, you will not need to use the TempSensor.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf, press green button to begin cooking.
Finish & serve
- When chicken is done, carve on large cutting board and transfer to platter for serving.
- Serve with freshly cracked black pepper and lemon wedges if desired.