- 4-5 lb beef brisket
- 8 cups water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 whole cardamom pods
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon curing salt (optional)
From Your Pantry
Brava Chef's Pan
Large pan w/ tall lip - to brine brisket
- In medium mixing bowl, combine water, sugar, salt, pickling spice, coriander, clove, cardamom, cinnamon stick, bay leaves and curing salt (if using). Stir well until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Lay brisket in large pan. Pour brine mixture over brisket, being careful not to overflow.
- Let brisket brine in refrigerator for 24-72 hours, up to 4-5 days.
- Take brisket out of marinade and pat dry.
- Air dry for an hour or two prior to cooking. (optional)
- Place brined brisket in Brava Chef’s Pan, and slide, covered, into top shelf.
- Press green button to start cooking.
Cool Brisket and Serve
- Once brisket is done, transfer to large plate and allow to cool.
- Slice brisket against the grain into thin strips when ready to eat.
- Enjoy in a sandwich such as our Reuben.