- 1-2 chicken thighs (boneless skinless OR bone-in, skin-on) or 2-4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 eggs, divided
- 2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoon salt
- 1½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoon ground white pepper (or an additional 1½ tablespoon ground black pepper)
- 1½ tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- ½ tablespoon celery salt
- ½ tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- ¾ cup cooking oil, such as canola, grapeseed, or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon accent flavor enhancer (aka: msg) (optional)
- hot sauce for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
Brava square pan
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
- In medium bowl, mix 2 eggs with 1 cup buttermilk.
- Add chicken to bowl and marinate, covered in fridge, for at least 1 hour, preferably 24 hours.
Double dredge chicken
- Once chicken is marinated, in medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, black pepper, white pepper, mustard powder, paprika, ground thyme, basil, oregano, celery salt, garlic salt, ground ginger, and accent flavor enhancer, if using.
- In separate medium bowl, mix 2 eggs and 1 cup buttermilk.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture on all sides, shaking off excess marinade.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, shaking off excess.
- Coat chicken again in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
Prepare oil & begin cooking
- Add ¾ cup cooking oil in Brava square pan.
- Place chicken in square pan.
- Slide square pan into top shelf.
- Select “Fried Chicken” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: you will flip your chicken after 5-10 minutes.
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Square Pan.
- Flip chicken.
- Slide Square Pan into top shelf.
- Press green button to continue.
Serve and enjoy
- When your food is done, transfer chicken to plate.
- Serve with hot sauce if desired, and your favorite side dishes, such as fries or slaw.