- 6 oz bacon or 4 pieces cooked bacon, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 15oz cans pinto beans, drained
- ½ cup chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- Grated sharp cheddar cheese and fresh lime wedges for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
Brava square pan
- In Brava Square Pan, stir together 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion, garlic, tomato paste, jalapeño, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and kosher salt.
- Slide Square pan into top shelf and press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will remove square pan after 5m 30s.
Add bacon, beans, & stock
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove Square pan.
- Add bacon, beans, and stock to Square pan and stir. Season with kosher salt.
- Slide Square Pan into top shelf and press green button to continue cooking.
Finish & serve
- When your food is done, fold cilantro into beans while warm. Portion into bowls for serving and enjoy with more cilantro, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and lime if desired.