- 3-4 eggs
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine or other crunchy lettuce, chopped
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed or shredded (about 1½ cups)
- 6 pieces cooked bacon, chopped into bits
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces or 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Loaf Pan or Brava Muffin Tin
Allergens: Milk, Eggs
- Select “Classic Cobb Salad” on Brava and follow instructions to boil eggs to your preferred doneness. Hard-boiled is most classic, but any doneness works here, too. While the eggs cook, prepare the dressing.
Prepare salad dressing
- In mixing bowl, combine shallot, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, and few pinches of kosher salt. Let sit for several minutes to soften the shallots.
- Slowly whisk in extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
Cool & peel eggs
- When Brava notifies you, remove pan and run cold water over eggs to prevent overcooking.
- Submerge in ice water for 5-10 minutes for even easier peeling. Halve the eggs lengthwise, slice into quarters lengthwise, or chop into small pieces, whichever you prefer.
Finish & serve
- In serving bowl, add romaine, chicken, bacon, cherry tomatoes, blue cheese, avocado, and chives. Toss with dressing until evenly coated, top with eggs, freshly cracked black pepper, and serve.