- ½ lb bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 medium-sized red bell peppers, diced
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups frozen diced potatoes (often labeled as frozen diced hash brown potatoes - no need to thaw)
- 2½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce or fresh herbs for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Allergens: Milk, Eggs
Crisp bacon & cook aromatics
- Add bacon, onion, bell pepper, garlic, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and few pinches kosher salt to Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Select “Breakfast Casserole” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions to slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: you will remove Chef’s Pan after 12 minutes.
Stir & finish cooking aromatics
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan, stir ingredients, and slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered, back into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- Note: you will remove Chef’s Pan after 6 minutes.
Prepare egg mixture
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan, and press the green button to begin preheating.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon, onion, pepper, and garlic mixture to mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- In separate large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Fold in frozen potatoes and cheese, and then the bacon, onion, pepper, and garlic mixture. Season generously with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Transfer egg mixture into Chef’s Pan.
Bake breakfast casserole
- When Brava notifies you that preheat is complete, slide Chef’s Pan, uncovered into top shelf and press green button to finish baking.
Finish and serve
- When casserole is done baking, carefully remove Chef’s Pan and let sit for about 10 minutes to cool. Serve with hot sauce or fresh herbs, if desired.