- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2¾ cups chopped yellow onion
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1¼ cups chopped carrot
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3 cups cubed or shredded rotisserie chicken (about a 2 lb rotisserie chicken)
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava Chef's Pan
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Cook the aromatics
- Add butter, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, thyme, and few large pinches of kosher salt to Chef’s Pan. Stir to combine.
- Slide Chef's Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will remove Chef's Pan after 18 minutes.
Add flour, chicken, stock, peas, and heavy cream
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove Chef’s Pan.
- Press the green button to begin preheating (keep the Brava chamber empty during this step).
- While Brava preheats, evenly distribute flour over cooked vegetables; stir well. Let mixture sit in hot Chef’s Pan for 1-2 minutes - the heat of the pan will cook off any raw flour.
- Fold in chicken, stock, heavy cream, and peas. Season generously with kosher salt and few pinches of freshly cracked black pepper.
Assemble puff pastry top
- Unfold thawed puff pastry and gently roll out on a lightly floured surface to make large enough to fit over Chef’s Pan.
- Drape puff pastry over the mixture in the Chef’s Pan, keeping part of the pastry draped over the inner perimeter of the pan to crimp the edges to seal it. Press edges of pastry into Chef’s Pan to crimp it, and cut off any excess scraps of puff pastry.
- Brush top of puff pastry with egg if desired - this will create a glossy sheen and promote even browning.
- Cut four slits into top of puff pastry to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Once Brava notifies you that preheat is complete, slide Chef's Pan, uncovered, into top shelf. Press green button to finish cooking.
- Once the pot pie is done baking, carefully remove from Brava, allow to cool for 10 minutes, and serve while warm.