- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ oz fresh mint
- ½ oz fresh cilantro
- 6 oz coleslaw mix
- 5 oz dried vermicelli rice noodles
- ¾ lb peeled and deveined wild colossal Gulf shrimp (8 shrimp)
- ½ oz roasted peanuts
- ½ oz crispy shallots or onions
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
medium or large saucepan
colander or mesh strainer
Brava metal tray
620 calories per serving
Allergens: Shellfish, Peanuts, Fish
Prep nuoc cham (Vietnamese dipping sauce)
- In medium or large saucepan, bring at least 4 cups water to a boil (for cooking noodles in Step 3).
- Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- Remove jalapeño stem, halve jalapeño lengthwise and remove seeds. Finely chop one-fourth of jalapeño for nuoc cham; thinly slice one-fourth and set aside for salad. Use less if you don’t like it spicy. You will have ½ jalapeño left over.
- In small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup warm water, garlic, chopped jalapeño, fish sauce, sugar and juice of 1 lemon.
- Cut cucumber into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove mint leaves from stems. Coarsely chop mint leaves with cilantro (cilantro stems are delicious, too!).
- In large bowl, toss together coleslaw mix, cucumber, sliced jalapeño and half of mint and cilantro. Save remaining mint and cilantro for garnish.
Cook & cool noodles
- Add vermicelli rice noodles to pot of boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander or mesh strainer, then run under cold water for 20–30 seconds to stop the cooking.
- Shake off excess water and set aside.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- In medium bowl, toss together shrimp, 1 tablespoon cooking oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread shrimp in Zone 2 of Brava metal tray.
Slide metal tray into top shelf
- Select “Vietnamese Noodle Bowl” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- While shrimp cook, divide noodles and salad between individual bowls, placing them in separate piles.
Finish noodle bowls & serve
- When your food is done, place shrimp on top of noodles and salad. Garnish with peanuts, crispy shallots and remaining mint and cilantro. Liberally drizzle each bowl with nuoc cham just before eating.