by Brava Chef Erin
~1 hr 34 min
About this Recipe
Pollo asado is a flavorful Mexican marinated grilled chicken dish that’s cooked with an array of spices, as well as orange and lime juice for its traditional punch of flavor. Here, Chef Erin marinates the chicken before searing in the Brava to replicate the flavor of cooking it on the grill. Serve with fresh lime wedges or with warmed tortillas to make tacos.
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8-10 thighs)
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup orange juice (about 1 orange, juiced)
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
½ teaspoon cumin
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
3 garlic cloves, smashed
Lime wedges for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
large mixing bowl
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, paprika, kosher salt, oregano, cayenne pepper (if using), cumin, black pepper and cloves.
- Add chicken thighs and garlic. Toss to coat.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Shake off excess marinade from chicken then place thighs in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
Finish and serve
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove metal tray.
- Plate pollo asado and serve immediately with lime wedges (if using).