Charred Corn Salad with Bacon and Jalapeño
by Brava Chef Annie
About this Recipe
Charred Corn Salad with Bacon and Jalapeño belongs on every Summer menu. Corn, crispy bacon, and creamy feta or cotija come together in this simple, savory dish, and fresh herbs and citrus brighten it up. Feel free to swap in arugula or green onion in place of basil or cilantro. Omit the bacon to make this vegetarian.
6 ears corn, husks removed
4 pieces cooked bacon, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 jalapeño, seeds removed and chopped
1 small shallot, finely chopped
⅓ cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh basil or cilantro
⅓ cup olive oil
Juice of ½ a lemon or lime, plus more for serving
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Prep & cook corn
- Toss corn with ½ tablespoon cooking oil, pinch of kosher salt, and arrange on Brava Metal Tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf and press green button to begin cooking.
Assemble salad & serve
- When corn is done cooking, slice kernels off of the cob, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Mix in bacon, jalapeño, shallot, crumbled cheese, fresh herbs, olive oil, and lemon or lime juice.
- Season to taste with kosher salt, and more fresh citrus, fresh herbs, and crumbled cheese, if desired.