- 1 box (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed in the refrigerator
- 12 oz fresh fruit, such as raspberries, blueberries, cherries, strawberries, or stone fruit
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 egg
- coarse sugar, such as demerara (optional)
From Your Pantry
flour for dusting
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Prep puff pastry
- On lightly floured surface, lay one sheet of puff pastry and cut into six, equal-sized rectangles. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry, and set aside. Six of these rectangles will be the bottom pastry pie crust, and six will be the top.
Prep fruit mixture and egg wash
- If using bite-sized fruit, skip this step.
- If using larger sized fruits, like strawberries, stone-fruit, or apples, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In mixing bowl, combine fruit with granulated sugar, cornstarch, and two generous pinches of kosher salt, and gently fold to mix.
- In separate bowl, beat one egg with whisk or fork to make an egg wash, set aside.
Assemble hand pies
- Using a pastry brush or fingers, brush the edges of the bottom six rectangles with the egg wash. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the fruit mixture onto each of the six bottom rectangles.
- Place the top six rectangles over the fruit mixture, lining up the edges as best you can. Seal the edges shut by pressing a fork down to crimp the edges. Repeat this process with remaining rectangles of puff pastry until you have six hand pies.
- Slice 2 slits on top of each hand pie to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Brush each hand pie with egg wash, and top with coarse sugar, if using.
Bake hand pies
- Select “Hand Pies” on your touchscreen and press green button to begin preheating.
- While Brava preheats, using spatula, carefully transfer hand pies to the Brava metal tray lined with parchment paper.
- When Brava is done preheating, slide metal tray into bottom shelf, and press the green button to begin baking.
Cool & serve
- When hand pies are done baking, carefully remove metal tray from Brava, let cool for several minutes, and serve warm or at room temperature.