- 1 lb shaved or thinly sliced shabu-shabu beef, or 1 lb ribeye
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian pear or apple, peeled and grated (optional)
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, peeled and grated (optional)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
From Your Pantry
Microplane® grater or box grater
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Soy, Wheat (Gluten)
- If using pre-sliced beef, skip this step.
- Place ribeye in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove steak from freezer and slice as thinly as possible with a sharp knife; set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together soy sauce, pear or apple (if using), onion (if using), sugar, green onion, garlic, sesame oil, mirin and black pepper.
- Transfer sliced beef to bowl; stir until evenly coated.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove beef from marinade, allowing excess to drip off.
- Evenly spread beef on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf and press green button to begin cooking.
- When your food is done, transfer beef to serving platter.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.