Chicken and Vegetable Skewers
by Brava Chef Annie
Servings about 6 skewers
About this Recipe
Chicken and Vegetable Skewers in less than 20 minutes—no grill required! This easy recipe packs a ton of flavor with simple ingredients. Here, Chef Annie uses chicken breast, mixed vegetables, lemon, garlic, and fresh oregano, but feel free to swap in any fresh herbs. Once cooked, if you prefer more char, simply move the tray to the bottom shelf and add a touch up step using the sear function. Serve on a platter with lemon wedges and fresh herbs. Mix lemon juice and yogurt for an easy dipping sauce, if desired.
¾ lb boneless skinless chicken breast, about 2 small chicken breasts
1 small zucchini
1 small red bell pepper
1 small red onion
2 tablespoons fresh oregano or other fresh herbs, chopped
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
1 clove garlic, minced or grated
Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Soak skewers & prep chicken and vegetables
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- While the skewers are soaking, cut chicken breast, zucchini, red onion, and bell pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- In mixing bowl, combine chicken breast, zucchini, red onion, bell pepper, oregano, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Season with kosher salt and cracked black pepper, stir well.
Assemble & cook skewers
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers.
- Evenly distribute skewers on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf.
- Select “Chicken and Vegetable Skewers” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
Finish & serve
- When skewers are cooked, add touch-up steps with more sear if desired.
- Serve on platter with lemon wedges and more chopped fresh herbs.