- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1¾ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 2½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Soy, Wheat (Gluten)
- In small bowl, stir together ⅓ cup corn starch and a pinch of salt.
- Toss chicken in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess.
- Evenly spread 2 tablespoons cooking oil on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Place chicken on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf.
- Select “Sesame Chicken” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Press green button to begin cooking.
- While chicken cooks, prepare sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook sesame oil and garlic until garlic begins to brown; about 90 seconds. Stir in soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, ¼ cup water; mix well.
- Add cornstarch mixture and sesame seeds to saucepan, stir well and bring to a boil. Simmer for ~1-2 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
Toss together and serve
- When your food is done, transfer chicken to medium bowl; add sauce and toss well. Top with green onions and serve.