- 8 cups chopped asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- ⅓ cup minced shallots (or yellow/red onions)
- 6-8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 lemon
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Brava glass tray
large mixing bowl
4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven
- In large bowl, stir together asparagus, shallots, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Spread half of asparagus on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
- Spread remaining asparagus on Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava glass tray.
- Slide metal tray into top shelf and glass tray into bottom shelf and press green button to begin cooking.
Heat broth on stovetop
- While asparagus cooks, in saucepan or Dutch oven over high heat, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Once broth boils, reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
Blend soup and serve
- When your food is done, transfer asparagus to saucepan and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer soup and 2 tablespoons cold butter to blender and blend until smooth. Start with 6 cups of broth for a thicker soup, and use up to 8 cups for a thinner consistency.
- Cut lemon in half. Squeeze juice of half a lemon into soup; stir well. Slice remaining lemon half into wedges, for serving.
- Adjust seasoning and portion soup into bowls.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.