- ¾ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 garlic clove, minced
From Your Pantry
Brava metal tray
Allergens: Milk, Wheat (Gluten)
- In small bowl, stir together ¼ cup warm (not hot) water and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Sprinkle yeast over water. Let sit for about 5 minutes, until yeast looks foamy.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar and kosher salt.
- In medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, vegetable oil and ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add yeast and yogurt mixtures to dry ingredients. Stir together until shaggy dough is formed.
Knead and rest dough
- By hand, knead dough on clean surface or in large bowl for 3 minutes (the dough should be slightly tacky but not wet).
- Form dough into ball and place into oiled bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let proof in warm place for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from bowl and evenly divide into 5 pieces.
- Roll into 5 balls. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
Make garlic butter
- While dough is resting, make garlic butter.
- In small saucepan, melt butter or ghee over medium high heat.
- Once butter has melted, add garlic and a couple pinches of kosher salt. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Set aside.
Form and cook naan
- One at a time, using rolling pin, roll dough ball into long oval shape (about 9” x 6”).
- Place dough in Zone 2 of Brava metal tray (the longer side should take up most of Zone 2).
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will flip naan after 1 minute 45 seconds.
- Once Brava notifies you, carefully remove metal tray.
- Using tongs, flip naan. Make sure naan remains primarily in Zone 2 of metal tray.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- When your food is done, carefully remove metal tray.
- Place naan on serving plate and brush with garlic butter. Cover with towel until ready to serve.
- Repeat these steps using remaining dough. (ProTip: Make sure metal tray is cool before repeating).