- Cake Batter:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate Frosting:
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons whole milk
From Your Pantry
butter or cooking spray
Brava square pan
stand mixer or electric hand mixer (optional)
Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat (Gluten)
Prep flour and oil mixtures
- In medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and, using your fingers, work into flour until mixture resembles fine cornmeal.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together ¾ cup water, oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Pour oil mixture into flour mixture; stir until no large lumps remain.
- Lightly butter or spray Brava square pan; pour batter into pan.
- Press green button to begin preheating.
- When Brava is preheated, slide square pan into top shelf. Press green button again to begin baking.
- While cake is baking, make chocolate frosting.
Make chocolate frosting
- In medium bowl (or bowl of stand mixer), beat butter and cocoa powder until incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until you achieve desired consistency. If frosting is too thick, add more milk. If frosting is too thin, add powdered sugar.
- When your food is done, remove cake and cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, carefully remove cake from pan. Transfer cake to wire rack, right side up, and cool to room temperature.
- Evenly spread frosting on cake.
- Cut into squares and serve.