Herby Roasted Chicken
by Brava Chef Annie
Serving Size 2-4
About this Recipe
This Herby Roasted Chicken is a delicious way to switch up a classic roasted chicken. It comes together with a simple marinade of chopped fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, and salt. If you have a lemon on hand, use a microplane grater to zest it and add it to the marinade for a welcome fresh flavor to this savory recipe. This herby marinade also works well with a spatchcock or butterflied chicken. If you go that route, select “spatchcock chicken” on your Brava and follow the marinade recipe below.
1 3½ - 4½ lb chicken
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
Optional: zest of 1 small lemon, lemon wedges for serving
From Your Pantry
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Brava TempSensor (optional)
small mixing bowl
Prep the herb mixture
- In small bowl, mix thyme, rosemary, kosher salt, olive oil, and lemon zest if using.
Prep the chicken
- Using your hands, rub herb mixture all over chicken to evenly coat it, being sure to get some of the marinade under the skin.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on the Brava Metal Tray, with the breast side pointing towards the left, and the legs pointing towards the right side of tray.
- Select “Herby Roasted Chicken” on your Brava touchscreen and follow instructions.
- After plugging in TempSensor, insert it horizontally through thickest part of chicken breast towards breastbone. It’s okay if TempSensor tip touches breastbone.
- Note: If using the Time-Based Cook option, you will not need to use the TempSensor.
- Slide metal tray into bottom shelf, press green button to begin cooking.
Finish & serve
- When chicken is done, carve on large cutting board and transfer to platter for serving.
- Serve with freshly cracked black pepper and lemon wedges if desired.