Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Lemon
by Brava Chef Annie
~14 min 20 sec
About this Recipe
Asparagus is in the peak of its season during the Spring, and this recipe is a flavorful, fresh twist on the classic roasted preparation. Simply toss asparagus with olive oil or melted butter, finely chopped garlic, and kosher salt before cooking in the Brava. When done, toss with freshly squeezed lemon zest for brightness and season to taste. Serve with lemon wedges to pull it all together and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano if desired.
2 cloves garlic, minced
1½ lbs asparagus
Optional: freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
extra-virgin olive oil or butter
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Microplane® or citrus zester
- Trim bottom 2-inches of asparagus to remove tough parts.
- In large bowl, toss together asparagus, 1 tablespoon of olive oil or melted butter, minced garlic, and several generous pinches of kosher salt.
- Arrange asparagus evenly across Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava Metal Tray.
- Select “Roasted Asparagus with Garlic and Lemon” on touchscreen and follow instructions.
- Slide Metal Tray on top shelf and press green button to begin cooking.
Zest and slice lemon
- While asparagus is cooking, zest one lemon with a microplane grater, and then slice lemon into wedges for serving. Set both aside.
Finish & serve
- When asparagus is cooked, arrange on platter, toss with lemon zest. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges and grated Parmesan if desired.