by Brava Chef Travis
Serving Size 8
About this Recipe
Corned beef is brisket that has been brined in a solution of salt and spices. It’s named for the corn kernel-sized salt crystals that were used to cure the beef. While not consumed widely in Ireland, it was popularized in the United States by Irish immigrants, which is why we associate corned beef with Irish cuisine. You can purchase pre-brined corned beef at most markets, but feel free to brine your own if you prefer. The flavor is bold and beefy with a texture so meltingly tender you can cut it with a fork. Use some of the cooking liquid to cook some cabbage while the corned beef rests, if you like!
4 lbs corned beef brisket, drained and rinsed
4 cups water
From Your Pantry
Brava Chef's Pan
Prep corned beef
- Place corned beef, fat side up, in Brava Chef’s Pan.
- Add 4 cups water to Chef’s Pan and cover with lid.
Cook corned beef
- Slide Chef’s Pan, covered, into top shelf.
- Select “Corned Beef” on your touchscreen and follow instructions.
- When your food is done, transfer corned beef to cutting board and rest 5-10 minutes.
- Slice corned beef across the grain and serve.