- 4½ cups peeled and grated russet potatoes (about 2 large potatoes)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or ghee
From Your Pantry
kosher salt and black pepper
Brava metal tray
Soak and drain potatoes
- Place grated potatoes into bowl filled with cold water.
- Stir potatoes until water is cloudy.
- Using colander, drain potatoes.
- Place potatoes in center of clean kitchen towel (or double layered paper towel). Using both hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer potatoes to bowl.
Prep hash browns
- In a mixing bowl, add ¾ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper; mix well.
- Evenly drizzle ¼ cup vegetable oil on Brava metal tray.
- Evenly spread potatoes in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of metal tray.
- Using back of spatula, press potatoes down slightly.
Cook hash browns
- Slide metal tray into top shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
- Note: You will flip hash browns after 16 minutes.
Flip hash browns
- When Brava notifies you, carefully remove metal tray.
- Using spatula, flip hash browns (ProTip: this is easier to flip over in several pieces).
- Slide metal tray into top shelf. Press green button to continue cooking.
- When your food is done, transfer hash browns to serving plate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.